Sunday, October 9, 2011

Writing soundtrack: Army Green: Hooligans

I'm always curious to see what other authors listen to while writing, so I'm going to try to make my own soundtracks more accessible to peeps. My first post is the one I listen to most often. Keep an eye out for more Hooligans in 2012!

Links go to Youtube. I tried to link to official videos where they existed. Top of the list is a little metal heavy, so some of the vids may be graphic in nature. Be warned.

Army Green: Hooligans
The REO Mix


An Open Letter To Nyc by Beastie Boys
Dear New York I know a lot has changed / two towers down but you're still in the game

Hero Of War by Rise Against
I'll carry this flag / To the grave if I must / Because it's a flag that I love / And a flag that I trust

Counting Bodies Like Sheep by A Perfect Circle
I’ll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons / I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason

Death Blooms by Mudvayne [this would probably be one of the graphic vids I warned about...]
Dark for fear of failure an inner gloom as wide as an eye

Bodies by Drowning Pool
You're all by yourself but you're not alone / You wanted in now you're here

Superbeast by Rob Zombie
You pray so hard on bloody knees

Chop Suey! by System of a Down
Hide the scars to fade away the shake up

Handlebars by The Flobots [graphic]
I can do anything with no permission / I have it all under my command

Paint It, Black by The Rolling Stones
Maybe then I'll fade away and not have to face the facts

Wake Up! by Me Talk Pretty
We will never be the same

My Plague by Slipknot [Resident Evil clips in the official soundtrack vid]
I know why you blame me (yourself) / I know why you plague me (yourself)

Scumgrief (Deep Dub Trauma mix) by Fear Factory
I've seen your wounds / That you can't hide

Survivor Guilt by Rise Against
Carry on, don't mind me / All I gave was everything / And yet you ask me for more

The Hate In Me by Godhead
You've got to wake up, no time to make up / The life you wasted and everything that broke apart

Party Up by DMX [censored version]
Y'all gon' make me lose my cool up in here, up in here

Wasteland by 10 Years [link to official band MySpace]
Die, withdraw, hide in cold sweat, quivering lips / Ignore, remorse, naming a kid, living Wasteland

Giving In by Adema
Will you walk me / To the edge again / Shaking, lonely, and I am drinking again

Pain by Jimmy Eat World
Anyone can see my every flaw / It isn't hard / Anyone can say they're above this all / It takes my pain away

Coma White by Marilyn Manson
A pill to make you numb / A pill to make you dumb / A pill to make you anybody else

Down In A Hole by Alice in Chains
Down in a hole, feelin' so small / Down in a hole, outta control / I'd like to fly but my / Wings have been so denied

Juke-Joint Jezebel (Metropolis Mix) by KMFDM [Mortal Kombat soundtrack vid]
If I could leave my burning skin / that has been used up in your sin / is there a tiny part of me / untouched-unsoiled by misery

Guilty by Gravity Kills [graphic]
Now I'm done with nothing new, sometimes green sometimes blue / And I'm guilty

Big Empty by Stone Temple Pilots [The Crow fanvid by graphic movie scenes]
too much walkin', shoes worn thin / too much trippin' and my soul's worn thin


Hurt by Johnny Cash (cover of Nine Inch Nails)

I hurt myself today / To see if I still feel / I focus on the pain / the only thing that's real

Funeral Song by The Rasmus
I died in my dreams / What's that supposed to mean?

Bullet-proof Skin by Institute [live version]
I can't hold you / To lose you is to never love again

Always by Saliva
I feel, like you don't want me around / I guess I'll pack all my things

In Your Diary by All:My:Faults
it is the hope that keeps me here in this world

The Kill by 30 Seconds To Mars
I know now, this is who I really am inside / Finally found myself / Fighting for a chance / I know now, this is who I really am

Erase My Scars by Evans Blue
Fight this time / Inside, take a break from the lie you live / I came this far / Erase my scars

All Along The Watchtower by Jimi Hendrix
There are many here among us / Who feel that life is but a joke

Fuego by Pitbull
Ten cuidado con el fuego (It'll burn you!)

Grenade by Bruno Mars
You know I'd do anything for you

Savior by Rise Against
But seldom do these words ring true when I'm constantly failing you

Skeleton Jar by Youth Group
How can you stand there and watch this scene / I hate you for liking me

Fine Again by Seether
They say it’s over and I’m fine again, yeah / Try to stay sober feels like I’m dying here

Weak by Skunk Anansie
So what am I now I'm loves last home / I`m all of the soft words I once owned

Lose Yourself by Eminem
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow / This opportunity comes once in a lifetime

Cold (But I'm Still Here) by Evans Blue
well I don't look like they do, and I don't love like they do / but I don't hate like they do / am I ever on your mind?

Entwined by Coal Chamber
You have made me alright complete again / Always willing to break down my will again

Howlin' For You by The Black Keys
It's true / Baby I'm howlin' for you

No comments:

Post a Comment